Kick up you side dish of corn with this Honey Butter Skillet Corn Recipe. It’s super simple to make with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!
Honey Butter Skillet Corn is ready to serve in under 20 minutes. Using corn, honey, butter, cream cheese salt and pepper you have a delicious sweet and creamy side dish!
Corn is a versatile vegetable I think everyone enjoys. My kiddos love corn with butter and salt either on or off the cob. However, when I’m entertaining friends, I’ll often double or triple this recipe as it serves a crowd and they often ask for the recipe before leaving!
I love the fact that this honey butter skillet corn recipe is made in the skillet. I love my cast iron skillets! You can use the same or a non-stick skillet.
Ingredients Needed for Skillet Corn
- Butter – I use unsalted butter as I can control the amount of salt. With my heart issues, I don’t consume very much. But, if you have salted butter, you can use that as well, just taste the corn before adding in more and adjust to your families taste buds.
- Honey – I prefer to use a raw local honey, again, use whatever you have on hand.
- Frozen Corn – you can use canned or off the cob corn as well. I’ve done it all ways!
- Cream Cheese – a little goes a long way here my friends.
- salt and pepper – to taste
How to Make Honey Butter Skillet Corn
In a large skillet, melt together the butter and honey.
Add in the frozen corn and stir over the medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
Add in the cream cheese and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, to allow the cream cheese to melt.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
TIP: The corn will become thicker the longer it sits, if you do not want it to be real thick, cut back on the amount of cream cheese.
Try these Side Dish Recipes
Honey Butter Skillet Corn Recipe
- 24 ounces of sweet corn frozen
- ½ stick butter salted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large skillet, melt together the butter and honey.
- Add in the frozen corn and stir over the medium high heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add in the cream cheese and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, to allow the cream cheese to melt.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.