Looking for the best tasting banana pudding recipe that’s also easy to make? We’ve got you covered with the best banana pudding recipe you’ll ever put in your mouth!
Our family loves to hit up every BBQ joint we can. Along side brisket, most BBQ joints offer their version of banana pudding. I shared with you my Texas Twinkies recipe that was inspired from Hutchins BBQ. This banana pudding recipe is also my spin on their banana pudding. It’s super creamy and great for sharing with a crowd!
Can I use cooked pudding instead of instant pudding?
If you are needing to serve this banana pudding recipe sooner rather than later, I would advise against it. If you must use pudding that’s made on the stove, be sure to allow the pudding to cool overnight in the refrigerator before putting everything together.
Why do my bananas turn black in banana pudding?
Bananas turn black because of air getting to the sliced bananas. That’s why the banana peel prevents this from happening! Another reason bananas turn black, is due to cooking pudding and adding the bananas into the warm pudding.
Can I use homemade whipped cream instead of cool whip?
I use to make my banana pudding with homemade whipped cream. I always have heavy whipping cream on hand. However, I found that when you use the cool whip it helps to stabilize the rest of the ingredients and results in a thicker pudding. Not to mention it will last longer sitting out at room temperature.
If you must use homemade whipped cream, keep the banana pudding in the refrigerator as long as possible. If you are transporting this to a gathering, be sure to keep in a sealed container on the top of the cooler to keep it cool.
Ingredients Needed to Make Banana Pudding
- 2-3 bananas, sliced
- instant banana pudding
- cool whip
- vanilla wafers
Can I use any substitute for this Banana Pudding Recipe?
Of course you can! All of our recipes are meant to inspire you to get into the kitchen. The substitutes that could be used in this recipe is:
- Vanilla Pudding substituted for Banana Pudding – I personally think the banana flavor makes this recipe hit!
- The milk can be substituted for almond or any other milk you may have on hand. Keep in mind depending on the milk you are using, that the thicker the better!
How to Make Banana Pudding
In a large bowl add your instant banana pudding along with the milk.
Whisk until smooth.
Once the pudding has thickened, fold in the cool whip. You want to fold the cool whip in to keep your mixture thick.
Next add in your bananas and crushed vanilla wafers by folding them in.
Store in an airtight container if not immediately serving.
To serve, place extra sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers on top!
How to Store Banana Pudding
I like to store and serve banana pudding in mason jars. If you don’t have mason jars on hand, you can use an airtight container. Banana pudding is best eaten within 2-3 days. Keep in mind the vanilla wafers will get softer the longer it sits.
Banana Pudding Recipe
- 1 3.5 oz banana instant pudding
- 1 1/2 c cold milk
- 8 oz cool whip thawwed
- 2 c vanilla wafers crushed
- 2 medium bananas sliced
- In a large bowl add your instant banana pudding along with the milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Once the pudding has thickened, fold in the cool whip. You want to fold the cool whip in to keep your mixture thick.
- Next add in your bananas and crushed vanilla wafers by folding them in.
- Store in an airtight container if not immediately serving.
- To serve, place extra sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers on top!
don’t forget to pin please!